Be our Guest!
Friends of Sutter's Fort has developed a series of monthly events for our valued members. Join the Friends of Sutter's Fort today and participate in one of our upcoming members only events.
Tour of the Delta
Join us on a special tour being offered by the California Preservation Foundation! A member's rate of $80 per person is being offered to Friends of Sutter's Fort - but space is limited. Sign up today to reserve your seat on what will be a memorable and educational tour of one of California's hidden historical and natural jewels. $80 per person for members of the Friends of Sutter's Fort, $95 per person for non-members
A recent survey concluded 80% of Californians are unaware of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. Yet as a world food supplier, state water sources, habitat web, and haven for water-based recreation, its resources are unparalleled. National Heritage Area designation could brand the Delta as a region of national significance, increase heritage tourism, and leverage funding for historic preservation and place-making. Learn about the Delta's cultural significance as a gold rush corridor, the nation's largest reclamation project, and a multicultural rural landscape. This tour will focus on the Delta's legacy communities with Asian Pacific Islander heritage sites including:
- Isleton's Bing Kong Tong Building and Asian-American Historic Districts, with lunch at Pineapple's Restaurant
- Walnut Grove's Japanese Historic District and Miyazaki Bathhouse
- Locke, the only town in the United States built exclusively by and for Chinese Immigrants
- Clarksburg's Holland Union Gakuen, one of the few remaining pre-World War II Japanese Language Schools
- End the tour with wine tasting, a souvenir wine glass, and a behind-the-scenes tour of Clarksburg's Old Sugar Mill.
Sign up today to reserve your seat on what will be a memorable and educational tour of one of California's hidden historical and natural jewels. Be sure to register as an organization- Friends of Sutter's Fort to receive your tour discount.