Playing the Past Girl Scouts Program
The purpose of this event is to provide an educational interpretive program that meets the needs of Girl Scouts USA. Girl Scouts and non-scouts will enjoy a 2 ½ hour program at Sutter's Fort State Historic Park and learn about life as a pioneer including crafts, games, clothing, wagon travel, and more in order to earn their "Playing the Past" badge. After the program ends, you are more than welcome to stay and learn about the Fort via our self-guided audio tour.
- April 14 – 10:15am to 12:45pm
- June 9 – 10:15am to 12:45pm- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- August 11 – 10:15am to 12:45pm
- September 8 – 1pm to 3:30pm
- $15 per scout. Program price includes admission for one scout, one adult, and a "Playing the Past" badge.
- All registrations are non-refundable.
- Non-scouts may also participate at the same price, registration is required.
- Additional adults and non-participating siblings will be required to pay normal entrance fee at kiosk upon arrival.
- Please meet at the Sutter's Fort kiosk (28th St between L St an K St) no later than 10am to check in.
- No food or beverages other than water allowed inside the Fort.
- This program will be held rain or shine so please dress accordingly.
- Participants must wear closed toe shoes.
- Scouts will receive a "Playing the Past" badge after the program from our Trade Store.
Badge requirements state that you must complete these five steps:
- Decide who you are
- Create a costume
- Experience daily life
- Have some old-fashioned fun
- Become your character
Steps 1 and 2 must be completed before your program day at the Fort. Please see the Girl Scouts USA badge requirements and how we fulfill those requirements.
Follow us on Facebook