Sutter’s Fort Candlelight Tours- RESCHEDULED
Saturday, January 19th
Ticket Sales on Sale Now!
THIS PROGRAM WILL BE RESCHEDULED TO JANUARY DUE TO AIR QUALITY CONCERNS FROM THE TRAGIC CAMP FIRE IN BUTTE COUNTY.
All November 17, 2018 ticket holders will have the option of keeping tickets for the new January 19th, or they may request a refund (minus processing fees).
Once a year, the popular Sutter’s Fort Candlelight Tours offer a unique experience for visitors to “eavesdrop” on inhabitants of Fort rooms as they gossip about their neighbors and comment on the current events of 1846. A behind the scenes look at the faces of those who saw opportunity or possible devastation in their new homes, husbands debating with wives, outdoorsmen speculating about changing times, tradesmen negotiating business, all surrounded by the night which allows us to truly travel back in time. At the end of the enchanting tour, guests will receive a souvenir and enjoy a piece of pie and hot beverage.
Candlelight Tours is on Saturday evening, November 17, 2018. Tours depart every 10 minutes between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m and cost $20 per person. The recommended age is 9 and above. Due to the popularity of the Candlelight Tours, advance reservations are recommended. For more information about this special evening event or Sutter’s Fort SHP in general, please call Sutter’s Fort directly at 916-445-8115.
More about the tour:
- Ticket sales begin 10/12 at 10AM and will be online, first-come, first-serve only.
- The program consists of a series of scenarios in the rooms of the Fort. You will be present as a ghost from the future. The program’s participants cannot see or hear you. Essentially, you will be eavesdropping on an evening’s conversations and activities from November 1846. The program’s language is rated PG-13 and may be a bit spicy for young ears.
- The event will take place regardless of weather. Please come prepared if there is rain. Also, there is no heating in the historic rooms.
- Each tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours and includes a significant amount of walking and standing. The Fort grounds are very dark and for safety it is important that groups stay together. Fort footing is uneven in places. Your guide will be carrying a lantern and will point out known hazards. Restrooms are available before or after your tour as there are no stops during the program.
- Tickets are non-refundable or transferable. Please check-in at the South Gate of the Fort (located on L Street) at least 5 minutes before your scheduled tour time. If you are not present, your spot may be given waitlisted guests. Please be on time as each tour is limited in size and cannot accommodate additional guests.
- This program benefits The Friends of Sutter’s Fort, a 501(c)(3), which supports the historic programming, restoration, and preservation at Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park.