Last month Friends of Sutter’s Fort hosted the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner to thank docents for contributing over 12,500 hours of service to Sutter’s Fort SHP in 2017.
In addition to celebrating the collective accomplishments of the many hard-working docents and volunteers, staff from California State Parks and Friends of Sutter’s Fort recognized the following docents for their individual contributions:
Volunteer Medallions (the highest level award given by California State Parks that specifically recognizes outstanding volunteer service):
- Judy Prey — 35 years and over 35,000 hours of service
- Geri Royer — 35 years and 12,000 hours of service
- Joe Waltz — 31 years and 16,300 hours of service
- Annette Webster — 25 years and 7,000 hours of service
California Poppy Award (award given by California State Parks to recognize exceptional volunteer service):
- Carol Toyama
- Lee Shebloski
- David Stare
- Howdy Hoover
Sutter’s Fort SHP staff provided:
- David Berry (Outstanding Docent)
- David Brubaker (All Around Volunteer)
- Joan Cochrane (New Volunteer Extraordinaire)
Friends of Sutter’s Fort was pleased to present docent Bill Pickering with the True Friend Award, recognizing his longstanding service to both Sutter’s Fort SHP and Friends of Sutter’s Fort.
We are proud to support the volunteer efforts at Sutter’s Fort SHP with the help of our sponsor, Sutter Health.