Board / Staff
Board of Directors
- Nick Leonti, Board Chair
- Emily Baime Michaels, Treasurer
- Sylvia Rodriguez, Secretary
- Ernest Gudel
- Paul Woehl
- Are you interested in serving on our board? Please email us at email@example.com
Linsey Fredenburg Humes, Executive Director
Chris Rogowski, Director of Retail Operations
Museum Store Sales Associate, Part-Time
Reports To: Retail Manager
The Museum Store Sales Associate works in the Sutter’s Fort Museum Store. The main responsibilities of the seasonal Museum Store Sales Associate is to welcome customers, help them locate items, promote the features and benefits of items in the store, ring up purchases, restock items as necessary and clean the store and back stock/supply areas. All employees of Friends of Sutter’s Fort must strive to provide visitors with exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide customer support at the Museum Store, ensuring that all customers have a positive sales experience. This includes assisting customers in locating items on the sales floor and explaining product features and benefits to customers.
- Processes register transactions and maintains accurate cash accounting, and follows policies and best practices regarding credit and debit card transactions.
- Retrieves items from the stockroom as needed, restocks items on the sales floor.
- Assists in taking store inventory; maintains inventory records and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Unloads deliveries.
- Makes sure store is neat and well organized and helps clean the store. These duties include vacuuming, dusting and sweeping.
- Addresses and resolves customer issues and concerns. Reports any issues or concerns to store manager.
- Answers store telephones and assists callers.
- Represent Friends of Sutter’s Fort at events and community meetings and activities.
- Provide administrative support including data entry. Additional administrative tasks may be requested including reviewing reports and/or researching products.
- Support through other tasks, as needed.
- Previous customer service or retail experience preferred.
- Excellent and responsive customer service and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong self-motivation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Is capable of operating a cash register and handle money.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and stand for long periods.